- The 2011 Chili Competition was Saturday. I decided not to enter (I won last year) and instead talked mom into entering. There were 9 competition chilis to pick from - wow! Usually I have some of Jacki's non-competition white chili that she brings each year, but I was too full from the competition. They were all yummy. But another member of the second generation won this year - Emily, Gary & Marcia's daughter. You go gurl! :-)
- Went to the baby shower for my cousin's step daughter on Sunday. It was a nice 2-hour little gathering. Mom won the memory competition (you go gurl!) and we didn't have to eat babyfood. The cake was very yummy, too!
- The juniors were having a special fundraiser at Culvers last night where they received part of the evening proceeds. And, well, their wall-eye is back. It was excellent (best I've had from them) and hopefully will sate my fried fish desire for some time.
- And some of you are probably wondering "Um, Trina, aren't you doing Weight Watchers?" Alas yes! This was not a good weekend. I've used up my bucket points (last night's Culvers meal was 30 points - eep!) for the week and today I actually stayed to my daily 33 points. Shut up tummy, you can't be hungry!
- My evenings have been spent with Lynda and my cats in the library comfy chair. I've been doing lynda.com training on PHP (the basics, to start with) and learning a lot. It's made me jealous of a newer laptop, but thankfully Walmart was sold out of the $428 one I'd been eying.
- Lucy and I are currently in the library. I've got XAMPP on my 1GB flash drive and will be continuing my lynda.com training as soon as I finish this. Yay for learning! Yay for 1-year subscription to lynda.com!
So that's the State of Me for now.