1. What curse word do you use the most?
The f-word (just ask the kitties).
2. Do you own an iPod?
No. I own two. An 80GB classic (almost full) and a 16GB Nano (purple).
3. What person on your flist do you talk to the most?
Online, it would be judiang & elsaf, but via phone calls, my sister. Seeing 'em in person is about even for all three. Heh.
4. What time is your alarm clock set to?
Mine has 2 time settings. I usually have it set for 6:30am, but the alternate time is 7:30am (for when we get a 2-hour delay, I always sleep in an hour more).
5. Do you still remember the first person you kissed?
6. Do you remember where you were on September 11, 2001?
I was at work. The secretary told me that an airplane had crashed into the World Trade Center and we tried to access a news station on the Channel One TV in my room. (We weren't successful - my room never got a decent cable signal.)
7. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
Much rather take the photo. Though I've taken photos with my shadow in it to prove I was there. :-)
8. What was the last movie you watched?
On DVD, Coraline. In the theater, Avatar.
9. Do any of your friends have children?
10. Has anyone ever called you lazy?
I often call myself lazy. I tell my students this all the time. Why else would I love chemical symbols and equations so much? ;-)
11. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep?
They never work for me, so why bother?
12. What cd is currently in your cd player?
My car has a CD/MP3 player and it currently has an MP3 CD in it. With an assortment of music. I just recently managed to purchase all of the David Tennant read audiobooks by Cressida Cowell (the Viking books), 3 out of 5 of which were CD (the other two, audio tape). But most of the time, I buy MP3 albums. (Just recently purchased a year's subscription to Big Fish Doctor Who audios, so lots of stuff to download in the next year - woo!)
13. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
Actually, I'd prefer vanilla over chocolate or regular.
14. Has anyone told you a secret this week?
If I'd been told a secret, I wouldn't tell you that I knew it... ;-)
15. When was the last time you had Starbucks?
Probably since my last trip to Chicago. In this area, I'd prefer going to Boston Stoker over Starbucks.
16. Can you whistle?
Yup. Good at it, too.
17. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Like Judi, the eyes.
18. What are you looking forward to?
Being done with my thesis.
19. Did you watch cartoons as a child?
Yup, and I still watch cartoons today.
20. Do you own any band t-shirts?
I sit on a Squirrel Nut Zippers shirt in my den. (Old raggedy office chair. Shirt makes it a more comfy seat.) But I think that's it.
21. What will you be doing in one hour?
The same as I'm doing now - watching the Olympics. (Hopefully no longer answering these questions.)
22. Is anyone in love with you?
No idea - probably not.
23. What was the last song you heard?
No idea. I finished listening to The Web of Fear earlier today. And then started listening to Fury from the Deep.
24. Last time you cried?
Don't remember. I almost cried after Joannie Rochette performed her short program.
25. Are you on a desktop computer or a laptop?
26. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?
27. What’s the weather like?
Snowing. I'm staying at the parental's tonight so I don't have to drive in that again. Was an icky drive here.
28. Would you ever date a girl/guy covered in tattoos?
I'm more concerned about their personality than their decoration.
29. What did you do before this?
Had supper. We had Papa John's pizza. Yum!
30. When is the last time you slept on the floor?
Back in '96 when I was visiting Spigi. (I've slept near the floor a number of times since then.)
31. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
5-7 hours. Been at the minimum of late due to staying up for Olympics watching.
32. Do you eat breakfast daily?
Yeah, can't function without it.
33. Are your days fast-paced?
34. What did you do last night?
Watched Olympics with a kitty on my lap.
35. Do you use sarcasm?
I probably shouldn't. My English teacher once told my sister that if she didn't stop using sarcasm, she'd never get a guy. Turns out Rachel doesn't mind Amy's sarcasm. Heh.
36. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
37. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
For the most part. Also particular about pronunciation.
38. Have you ever been to six flags?
Nope, just King's Island and Cedar Point.
39. Do you get along better with the same sex or the opposite sex?
Well, my two best friends are women, but I each lunch at work with the men. So I guess I'm even.
40. Do you like mustard?
41. Do you sleep on your side?
And on my back.
42. Do you watch the news?
Not if I can help it.
43. How did you get one of your scars?
4 years old, was playing with a chisel. Got 4 stitches on my left hand right behind my thumb. Apparently it didn't hurt. Poobie poobie poobie.
44. Who was the last person to make you mad?
Hmmm, can't remember.
45. Do you like anybody?
46. What is the last thing you purchased?
Either the year's subscription to Big Fish or the audiobooks mentioned above. Both were purchased earlier this week.
47. What side of the heart do you draw first?
Had to think about that one. I believe I draw the right side first.
48. Can you dive without plugging your nose?
49. What colour is your razor?
White & purple.
50. What is your blood-type?
51. Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours?
No one, actually.
52. What is a rumour someone has spread about you?
A rumor at work was that I was gay. One of the other teachers explained to the kids spreading the rumor, "No, that's her sister."
53. How do you feel about carrots?
They are a wonderful thing to munch on during lunch.
54. How many chairs at the dining room table?
None. Although I have a dining room table, I don't have any dining room chairs.
55. Which is the best Spice Girl?
Rosemary. Or maybe Sage.
56. What colour are your eyes?
57. Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince Theme Song?
58. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator?
Read a book on my phone. Though I'd first play a game of Euchre.
59. What’s your favourite kind of gum?
Juicy fruit. But chewing gum locks my jaws, so I rarely chew it.
60. T or F: All’s fair in love and war?
61. Do you have a crush on anyone?
Just fangurl crushes.
62. Do you know how to use some words correctly, but not know the meaning?
Yup. This is brought home to me often when students are reviewing for their vocab tests during study hall. Heh.
63. Do you like to sleep?
Yes, especially with kittens piled on top of me.
64. Do you know which US states don’t use Daylight Savings Time?
None of 'em right now. Thankfully DST doesn't start til next month.
65. Do you know the song Total Eclipse of the Heart?
We actually studied it in junior high music class.
66. Do you want a bright yellow ‘06 mustang?
67. What’s something you’ve always wanted?
I've usually managed to obtain what I've wanted. Although a pet dragon would be pretty nifty.
68. Do you have hairy LEGS?
Yes. Not close enough to summer to bother shaving.
69. Would you rather swim in the ocean or a lake?
A swimming pool. But then lake and finally ocean.
70. Do you wear a lot of black?
Yes, for work. For some reason, outfits in black are more prevalent in my size.
71. Describe your hair:
Mousy brown & short.
72. Do you have Entomophobia?
73. Are you an adult?
Physically yes. But still a child at heart.
74. Where is/are your best friend(s)?
In other states.
75. Do you have a tan?
Nope. Fish-belly white describes me well.
76. Are you a television addict?
During these Olympic games, yes. Otherwise, the TV i's basically a DVD viewer for me.
77. Do you enjoy spending time with your mother?
Yup. Spending time with her now. We're both sitting on her sofa watching Olympics. Dad is also here.
78. Are you a sugar freak?
79. Do you like orange juice?
Yes, but it doesn't like me.
80. What sign are you?
Well, in the time it took me to write my answers, the curling match went to 11 ends and Sweden won the gold. Very exciting match. Tomorrow *sniff* I watch my last 2 curling matches until 2014.