The view from Starbucks when I had a caramel steamer this morning.
|De Trains! De Trains!
View of the El from Judi's office at her workplace.
When Judi was done with her work, it was after 10am so we decided to walk to Taste of Chicago. elsaf e-mailed her requests, so once we'd grazed for a bit, we picked up her requests. Here are things that I tried:
- Potato Pancake w/ apple sauce from Manny's Cafeteria & Deli - alas, reheated rather than fresh.
- Irish Egg Roll from Abbey Pub - my favorite 2009 Taste item so far. Basically a Reuben in a filo dough that's been fried.
- Grilled Anjou Pear Salad from The Grill on the Alley - tasty, but a little too tart.
- Jambalaya from Blue Bayou - alas, they were already sold out of the Bananas Foster Bites.
- Potato Pierogi and Cheese Pierogi from Polka Sausage and Deli - very yummy and the cheese one was sweet rather than savory.
- Mustard-fried Catfish and Peach Cobbler - had a bite of these two items from Judi's purchases.
- Baklava from Costa's - wanted to end on a sweet note, so I did.
We started at 11am on the dot and were leaving the Taste at 12:05. :)