Welcome to the "Christmas Edition" of getting to know your friends. Repost in your own LJ with your answers if you're feeling the holiday cheer.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper - preferably with very simple holiday patterns and only red, green & white. (Polar bears and snowmen make nice holiday patterns.) But there are gifts that need gift bags, so I'll use 'em if needed. Presents that I receive? I don't care how they're wrapped - they're gifts! Ooooooh! Yesyesyesyes!
2. Real or Artificial tree?
Artificial tree. I love the smell of a real tree, but the needles are hell. And the kitties + artificial tree are dangerous enough of a combo.
3. When do you put up the tree?
When I finally get around to it.
4. When do you take the tree down?
When I finally get around to it.
5. Do you like Eggnog?
Not the drunken stuff - but Meijer's low fat custard style eggnog is very yummy!
6. Favorite Gift you received as a child?
I loved all my gifts, but the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory movie poster holds a special place in my heart.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
I don't think so.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
Usually it's mom, but this year she's been one of the easiest for me.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Dad - get him physics toys and he's a happy camper. ;-)
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received?
Heck, if it's a gift, it's a wonderful thing.
11. Christmas Cards?
I'm no good at Christmas cards - I love getting them however. (BTW, thanks drox!)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
The Muppet Family Christmas (TV special) and The Muppet Christmas Carol (movie). But Miracle on 34th Street (original) and A Wish for Wings that Work are close seconds.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
When I get around to it.
14. Have you ever "recycled" a Christmas present?
Don't think so.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
16. Clear lights or colored or both on the tree?
Clear. Or a single color (red are pretty).
17. Favorite Christmas Song?
"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" (though I don't have a definitive version of it). Just about anything that Julie Andrews sings that's Christmassy.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Home, sweet home.
19. Can you name Santa's Reindeer?
"On Dasher, on Dancer, on Prancer & Vixen, on Comet, on Cupid, on Donner and Blitzen." Oh, and Rudolf.
20. Do you have an Angel or a Star on top of your tree?
I have an angel cuz it's the ornament that I got for my first Christmas. Fiberglass hair and all!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
Gah! Christmas Morning, of course! (Maybe *one* present on Christmas Eve.) Though with Amy & Rachel not always being here on Christmas day itself, sometimes Christmas isn't on the 25th for us. :-)
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
I love it all. I'm part Elf.
23. Favorite Christmas tradition?
Having Amy (and now Rachel) spend the night Christmas Eve (which we might get to do again this year). When we were very small, we had the same room. When we split into two bedrooms, for Christmas Eve, we'd spend the night together, alternating bedrooms each year.
24. Family member you always try to stay away from during the holidays?
Don't have anyone I avoid - I love seeing the family at Christmas.
25. Do you attend any actual religious services in celebration?
Not anymore, though I do miss the "midnight" service at the UCC in town.
judiang, you should do this meme, if you haven't already. (I haven't gotten caught up in my flist yet so you might have already done it.)