I had quite a few things on my running list o' stuff, so planned my route in advance. (I hate to drive somewhere for one thing, so I keep a list going of what I need/want and when it gets full or I know I really need to get out of the house, I grab the running list and hit everything that needs hitting.)
- Post Office: a Saturday tradition. A Monday through Friday tradition, now that I mention it...
- AAA: I needed some passport photos and my local post office (which doesn't do 'em) recommended AAA or the Troy Post Office. I figured I'd get a deal at AAA - and they were only $8. The photos do focus on my chins rather well, however...
- Bookery Fantasy: Yay for Free Comic Book Day. They gave us each a small Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer poster as we entered the store. Inside, there was a line of folks waiting for their free books & stuff. I stood in line and got a sack full of free comics, 4 of which we picked out ourselves. Wound up with a total of 15 free comics and 1 Batman Hero Clix figurine. Cool. Got my DWM and Astonishing X-Men and headed on to the next place on my list.
- Jeet India: Indian Fud! 'nuff said.
- Hot Fuzz: I've been a fan of Simon Pegg since the TV series Spaced was on, so of course I saw Shaun of the Dead and really enjoyed it (and I don't go for zombie flicks normally). So I had to see Hot Fuzz. I'd've gone out the first weekend it was out, but the weather was so nice, I couldn't sit in a film all that time. But today was nice and rainy, a great day for shopping & a movie. And the movie? Most entertaining. A wonderful blend of humor and cartoon violence. But Bill Bailey with short hair is a crime and let's hope that never happens again!
- Andy's Garden: The cheerleaders were selling discounted flats from Andy's Garden again this year, so I bought two certificates from them. On the way back from the Fairborn area, I stopped at Andy's to pick up two flats of Vinca. Last year I had picked up two flats of assorted annuals and discovered that the one type which survived my benign neglect were the Vinca. Here's hoping they can survive another year with me!
- Other Shopping: Finished my excursion at a few shops in Troy to finish up my running list. One thing I decided to get was a George Foreman personal grill. Earlier this week I was frying a chicken boobie and was getting oil spattered everywhere. I got to thinking, a personal grill should help prevent lots of spattering and assist in cooking my ChickNSteaks and Ranch Steaks from Market Day. Tonight won't be the night to try it out, however - I'm still stuffed from lunch.
My timing worked out just fine today. My main concern was getting to the movie in time, which I did. There were 15 minutes worth of previews, of which I was interested in one movie. (Another Simon Pegg movie, actually.)
So, today has been a good day. :-)